How To Choose The Perfect Bridesmaids Dresses.
How To Choose Your Bridesmaid Dresses
You’ve chosen your dress, you’ve asked your best girlfriends to be your bridesmaids, but now it’s time to select their dresses.
Sometimes it can be a little stressful to organise a group of girls, much less come to a group decision on what everyone will be wearing. We’ve come up with some handy tips to make the bridesmaid dress selection process easier for you and your girls.
- Choose the dresses you want. Bottom line: it’s your wedding, so you call the shots on what dresses your bridesmaids wear. Don’t choose bridesmaid dresses based off what you think they will want. Your vision, your wedding!
- Consider your budget! Are you paying for the bridesmaids whole outfit? Accessories / makeup and hair? Weddings are expensive for all parties involved. Being a bridesmaid is a financial commitment usually involving paying for some part of their bridesmaid outfit, paying for part of the hen party, a wedding gift, travel expenses and sometimes even hair and makeup! Treat them to a nice dress – but keep your budget in mind at all times! If you are asking your bridesmaids to pay then please remember they are there to support you on your big day, so don’t force them to spend over the hill – as it will cause some resentment.
- Select dresses your bridesmaids will be able to wear again? Choose something you can see your girls wearing to a cocktail party or even another wedding or a ball! They will appreciate it!
- Visualise the big picture. Picture yourself with your bridesmaids. Choose dresses that complement your dress but don’t look too similar and don’t steal the show. This means color, cut, style, etc.
- When opting for mixed styles, make a decision on who wears what. When you leave the decision up to your girls, it takes a lot of time and sometimes hard feelings. If your bridesmaids are easy going and you all live in the same city (major plus), let them know your fabric and color decision and let them choose their style.
- Bring a bridesmaid (or two) shopping with you. Don’t bring the whole herd, just one or two bridesmaids that way you can get some of their feedback without inundating yourself with too many opinions. They can try on dresses for you and help your vision come to life.
- Ask for help when needed. Ask your maid of honor or a bridesmaid to help get everyone organised and ensure everyone places their orders on time, etc.
- Make sure your bridesmaids are comfortable. Don’t choose 5 inch heels or uncomfortable dresses. You want happy bridesmaids!
- Allow at least 5/6 months for the entire process. Bridesmaid dresses take approximately 12 weeks to come in, and we place orders together so that all dresses can be cut from the same dye lot. Pick your style and have your girls send in their measurements about 5 months before the wedding if possible. If not, rushes are always available.
- Be sweet. Remember that your bridesmaids are there for you, but your wedding isn’t always their priority #1. Be considerate during stressful times and know that everything will be just fine.
- AND REMEMBER TO BREATHE !
To book your appointment to see our beautiful bridesmaids dresses please call 01242 257103!